Friday, July 20, 2007

First publication credit...

... well, for all practical purposes. I published a few scattered poems as an undergraduate in my early 20's, under a pseudonym. One even one third place in The Ledge's annual contest. (I kind of wish I hadn't been using the pseudonym for that one ;) But then life got a little ahead of me, and I had to run and catch up for a decade or so. Glad I did, or I'd probably have less to write about now.

Inclement appeared the first of this month in the July/August 2007 issue of Eclectica.

I was so jazzed to see how perfectly they fit the underwater sea photography theme of the featured artwork with the poem's winter setting. The design was so lovely, I almost forgot to read the poem. But then, I'm already fairly well acquainted with it at this point ;)

No comments: