Sunday, July 8, 2012

Things That Are New

Sorry it's been so long since my last post.  I can't say I haven't had news, but it hasn't been of the literary variety.  I do have some lit news now, though.  The Spring/Summer issue of Melusine has finally launched, and you can see it here.  I really rather like this one.  OK, I've liked them all, of course, but this is one of my favorites.

As for the non-literary news, I snuck it in the issue's editorial.  But, OK, I can summarize:  I am expecting my first child in early September, and her father and I are very excited.  It looks like she will be a girl.

For various reasons, I have been spending less time blogging, Facebooking, Google-plussing, and tweeting this year, but I will probably begin embracing some of these outlets again as I inevitably find myself seeking ways to express how I'm processing all the new things I'm going to soon be experiencing.  When I'm not writing (because at times, when writing, I can be loud, not unlike, at times, when I'm drinking, but that's another story and also something I haven't been doing much of in the last year) my natural mode of being is quiet, and it's been good to be quiet.  I'm beginning to feel a disturbance in the quiet, though, and that's OK, too.  And I think I know what her name is.

No comments: